Saturday, June 11, 2011

CMN Fundraiser at Wal-Mart


As a fundraiser and advocate of CMN, I am so thankful that many businesses and corporations are big sponsors of Children's Miracle Network. One of these sponsors is Wal-Mart, so I took advantage of this and organized a CMN fundraiser at our local Supercenter.

I scheduled my event for a Sunday afternoon, but unfortunately, the weather had other plans...For several hours, the sky went from just looking terrible to storming, complete with torrential rain. Needless to say, this was not ideal for an outside fundraiser. However, it began to clear up, and although the majority of my allotted time had passed, I set up my table anyway and made the best of it. I handed out fliers with my CMN donation website and asked people to consider making a donation. Little by little, my crown box began to fill up with bills, which is how CMN money is usually raised--one dollar at a time. I autographed a Miss Northern Suburbs 2011 photo for every person who donated.

My favorite part of the afternoon was letting many of the children try on my crown. They just loved it, and I met some of the most adorable kids! Even though the weather didn't cooperate, it was definitely worth going and doing the fundraiser for the short time that I had left rather than cancelling and giving up. Every dollar counts! And so do those children's smiles. :)


Thank you to every person who donated or stopped to talk with me and to Wal-Mart for allowing me to plan this event outside their doors. It is still possible to donate through my website: https://missamericaforkids.org/m.aspx?i=24788EEA3B471B

No comments:

Post a Comment