Monday, May 30, 2011

Miss N.S. Fashion Show



I had the opportunity to visit my college roomates in North Carolina after I finished the semester at Wheaton College, which was a great trip. I flew back to Chicago on May 14, and I want to thank my director Kristen Hadap and her husband for picking me up from O'Hare and letting me spend time with them and stay overnight at their home.

The next day, lots of titleholders and sponsors worked together for the annual Miss Northern Suburbs fashion show on the campus of beautiful Lake Forest College. I helped my directors to set up for the event and as guests arrived, the others models and I were accessorized with beautiful jewelry, sunglasses, purses, and hair accessories from the vendors. My director welcomed everyone and to start off the event, I sang the national anthem. Shortly after, the music started and each of us had our turn to model. I modeled a trendy, silver, multi-chain necklace and a pair of Versace sunglasses.


There was also a silent auction and raffle going on during the fashion show. Also, I had the chance to speak about my platform "Using Your Talents to Serve Others," which I enjoyed sharing. It was great to see the current Miss Illinois Whitney Thorpe-Klinsky as well as my entire Miss Northern Suburbs family, including my princesses! Kalina, Cassidy, Alyssa, and Sophia, I'm so excited to have such a great group of girls to be supporting, getting to know, encouraging, and making appearances with. I can't wait to experience everything Miss Illinois week will have to offer with all of you! Love you girls! I'm also glad that my parents were able to come to watch. I love you both so much.



This event was definitely a fun and successful one. It really took a lot of planning and behind-the-scenes effort to make it happen. That being said,
thank you so much to my directors for all of their hard work, as well as the current Miss Illinois Whitney Thorpe-Klinsky, our sponsors and vendors, Lake Forest College, our beautiful emcee and former Miss Northern Suburbs Corina Harwood,and EVERYONE who took part and contributed! Your support is so appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment